My friend and colleague Mark Petrovic pulled me into this blog-tag game, apparently started by Jeff Pulver. It’s a sort of parlour game where you tell five things most people don’t know about you and then tag more people to do the same. So here goes: five things most people don’t know about me:
- I used to be a professional Shiatsu therapist. I also studied Traditional Chinese Medicine seriously before realizing I didn’t have what it took to be a doctor.
- I have a Bachelor of Mathematics degree, but I can’t calculate the tip on a restaurant bill.
- I’m a Zen Buddhist (well, more like a “lapsed” Zen Buddhist, these days).
- I love Space Opera. Some of my favourite authors are Iain M. Banks, Peter F. Hamilton, Alastair Reynolds, Neal Asher, and of course: Isaac Asimov. I even love cheesy TV space operas: Star Trek (all of them), Stargate (both of them), Firefly, and Battlestar Galactica (the new one–I just couldn’t take Lorne Greene seriously in anything.)
- My pet topic is the history and philosophy of science, about which I’d really, really like to write a book one day.